Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The loonies are taking over...  (Read 5276 times)

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
The loonies are taking over...
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »
Argh!

A supermarket has withdrawn bags of nuts - after failing to declare they may contain peanuts.

(Sorry, won't let me copy and paste - I don't understand why sometimes that works and other times it doesn't - just look at the BBC website, under England...)

My question is - since it's not just peanuts folk are allergic too, will lemons, for example, come in future with a warning - may contain citrus fruit? A packet of pork chops - not suitable for vegetarians?  ::)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:43:15 pm »
The loonies have been running things for some time now Ina , they are just out in the open now mate .

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: The loonies are taking over...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 06:47:03 pm »
Wibble

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:50:28 pm »
Oh Ina .... don't be a kill joy. If they don't put those warnings on it will spoil my daughters fun.  ::)

She really giggles when the packets of nuts declare ..... "contains nuts" ...... she checks every packet ..... makes her day.  ;D   :roflanim:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 06:51:59 pm »
Ok , i know weebles wobble , but they don't fall down , but wibble ?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:04:39 pm »
Wibble as in dribble?

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 08:11:10 pm »
i laugh when they call them quorn sticks..sausages...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 09:39:37 pm »
How about the sleeping tablets that say "warning, may cause drowsiness"
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 06:44:41 am »
I am aware of a few beers that should carry the warning " harmful if swallowed " :innocent:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:06:12 am »
Its getting to the stage where I might have to label my soap "do not eat"...the number of people that zoom to my stall saying "oooooooooh look fudge...." despite a wacking great banner stating 'its baaath time goats milk SOAP'. Honestly, why do the powers that be think we are stupid enough not to realise that a packet of peanuts might contain nuts?! then again, maybe its because we all thought that there was cow meat in them there 'horse burgers' didn't we  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 09:16:39 am »
Yeah, you are right... Look at the USA where microwaves have to come with the warning "do not use for drying pets", just because some idiot once thought it was a good idea to stick in a wet lap dog!

I would understand it if it was a different kind of nuts, packed in a factory where peanuts are also used, and the warning is "may contain traces of peanuts" - but to warn that peanuts may contain peanuts... Well, I bloody well hope so, otherwise why would I be buying peanuts?!

100% beefburgers: may contain beef...

I remember an acquaintance who complained that the chocolates she bought didn't state categorically that they were vegetarian. Well, I said, there's a list of ingredients - anybody who can read can find out whether any of the ingredients are vegetarian, can't they? Do we really want to come to the point where even a bag of tatties has to be labelled "suitable for vegetarians"? Nanny state gone mad...

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:26:12 am »
having trouble finding a link to the story. looked on the beeb site as suggested, couldn't find anything. Anyone found it?

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 09:29:47 am »
Wibble

Pants on head and pencils up nose time methiks :roflanim:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:48 am »
having trouble finding a link to the story. looked on the beeb site as suggested, couldn't find anything. Anyone found it?

Still under most popular shared!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-22308165

(It's now letting me paste it in - why, oh why, wouldn't it let me do that yesterday? Is there an explanation?)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:05:17 am by Ina »

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 10:02:14 am »
While we are on the subject, for heavens sake don't let children climb trees, play conkers, or come into contact with anything that even resembles dirt! And most importantly, freedom of speech is dead  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS