Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ebola !!!!  (Read 8433 times)

Tullywood Farm

Re: Ebola !!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 05:02:19 pm »
Thanks James

Sorry about typo YOUNG was meant to be the word - was too busy waffling to remember to spellcheck.

I just want everyone to realise - life - you get one chance at it - make a difference if you can, if only to yourself and the way you see things - you never stop learning, and theres so much of it to do

Love to you all - stay smiling

Julie

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 05:07:32 pm »
You have only been on here a few days Julie and I think it is clear to see that you are one of those strong and "special" people. I'm not a religious person but I pray all your dreams are answered and you you enjoy a long and happy time on this planet regardless of all the doom that surrounds us on this thread hee hee. Keep well and strong.

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 10:30:38 pm »
If you werent concerned enough about Swine (ahem, Mexican) Flu - The 1918 flu pandemic (commonly referred to as the Spanish flu) was an influenza pandemic that spread to nearly every part of the world. It was caused by an unusually virulent and deadly influenza A virus strain of subtype H1N1. Historical and epidemiological data are inadequate to identify the geographic origin of the virus. Most of its victims were healthy young adults, in contrast to most influenza outbreaks which predominantly affect juvenile, elderly, or otherwise weakened patients. The flu pandemic has also been implicated in the sudden outbreak of encephalitis lethargica in the 1920s.

The pandemic lasted from March 1918 to June 1920, spreading even to the Arctic and remote Pacific islands. It is estimated that anywhere from 50 to 100 million people were killed worldwide, or the approximate equivalent of one third of the population of Europe. An estimated 500 million people, one third of the world's population (approximately 1.6 billion at the time), became infected.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Spanish_flu_death_chart.png

On a lighter note it seems like the yanks are using the flu to their own advantage http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/bok/wp-content/uploads/boktrans/051016bok_lo_res_web_color_1.jpg

Regards,

Morgan

Bobby

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 11:07:35 pm »
You have only been on here a few days Julie and I think it is clear to see that you are one of those strong and "special" people. I'm not a religious person but I pray all your dreams are answered and you you enjoy a long and happy time on this planet regardless of all the doom that surrounds us on this thread hee hee. Keep well and strong.

We could spend all of our lives fretting about what could happen , making food stores and worrying about future generations - just do what you can - live your life, help if you can.  What is scary to one of us is not to another, what makes one of us tick or is very close to our hearts means nothing to someone else, that is what makes us unique and able to survive, lifes experiences.
Bobby

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:10 am »
Wow, I think we are on a better thread now.  Less of the bridges up and keep the enemy out, to living to enjoy and let others do the same.  Everyone has seen what happens these days without being too pesimistic about the future.  I see this everyday and do you know who are the most optimistic happy creative people I meet - those who have struggled with illness or know those who have - it really shifts the mind set.

Back to normality - I'm sitting here watching the rain come over the mountains towards me - and am p...ed off as that means my outdoor plans for the day are ruined again - then I wonder why I live in Ireland now.  No I'm not going to let it win - wheres my plastic mac and wellies, hat and gloves - mid July and look like I'm about to go to sea, but hey, won't my land look good - one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend everyone! :-*

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 10:21:04 am »
Hiya Lizmar

Illness defo shifted my mindset - always was creative though, and still don't have enough time to do all I want to achieve. :D ;D

But as you are in Ireland - does it occur to you, as it certainly makes me wonder,
WHY Don't them bloo*y little biting MIDGES get Cancer or an Heart attack - or even flu!! ::) :o

Little sods stop me working all the blinking time!!!!

Now, if we could all come up with a way to kill all the little biters sorry blighters, we could share the profits and all live in paradise - and happyhippy could have a little donkey too..

Dream dream dream

Julie

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 06:54:05 pm »
Well midges aren't a problem today - flooding is. Thankfully live high on a hill but stuck here.  If it doesn't stop may have to invest in a boat.  To think after my e-mail this morning I looked at the field that I usually cut with a hand mower and thought why put myself through all that back pain and blisters and went and ordered a sit on mower - can't afford but thought - hey, why not!!!  Now I can't do anything even my veg looks like it may float away.  Seen the golf in Scotland and the weather looks wonderful - what is it with Ireland - or at least my bit!!!???

rustyme

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 07:12:21 pm »
it is pi.... err tipping down here to, in Wales ....but then again, it always is ... ::) ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS