Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1678 times)

90driver

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Independent Land Rover Specialst
Insurance
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:00 pm »
Hi,

Work on my new pig enclosure is going well and i have adopted at belt and braces approach with stock fencing and electric fencing.

I am surrounded by some rather expensive gardens and a golf course...... Does anyone insure against damage caused by escaped pigs ? If so... who with and what sort of premium should I expect to pay ?

Thanks

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »
I've got a smallholding insurance policy which covers things like damage to adjoining land/livestock-related traffic accidents, plus outbuildings and machinery cover, etc, etc. It's with www.stuartbenger.co.uk and costs me about £250 a year.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Insurance
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:20:37 am »
Ours is in with the general farm insurance we get with NFU so don't know what it costs separately but in view of your "belt & braces" approach to fencing you're defo gonna need it because with pigs they always know the grass is greener on the other side of the fence! :innocent:
Mandy :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS