Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: North Wales small holder's association  (Read 3866 times)

Sausage girl

• Joined Apr 2013
North Wales small holder's association
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:52 pm »
Hi,
  My partner & I have recently moved up from Brighton/London and bought a small holding in Llangollen, North Wales. We have a 17 month old boy. We have no animals as yet but are due to get chickens imminently and goats at some point we think. I have an organic sausage business using local pigs in the valley. We are busy with the land, it needs a lot of work..... Can anyone recommend a local smallholder's association please? Thanks. Sausage girl.

Small Plot Big Ideas

• Joined May 2012
  • North Pennines, UK
    • Small Plot Big Ideas
Re: North Wales small holder's association
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:02 pm »
I have a list on my blog which may help but if you find any others I've missed then just let me know...

http://notionlogic.co.uk/blog/smallholding-societies/

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »
Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: Carnoustie :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:47 pm »
 :wave: welcome from gloriously  :sunshine: Shropshire - not a million miles from Llangollen which is a town we love to visit. If you want to travel east of the border and meet my goats, you are very welcome.

Sausage girl

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 02:24:58 pm »
Hello,
  I'd seriously love to come & meet your goats!
  ;)

hafod

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:59:40 pm »
Hi Sausage girl  :wave:
We are the otherside of the mountain from you (near Llandegla). We moved into our small holding in November 2011 and so far have had chickens, pigs, cattle, sheep and horses, we also grow a lot of fruit and veg. We have looked into small holders associations and found the local ones (shropshire or cheshire) a bit too far away. I have often thought about starting something ourselves, there are loads of people in the area doing the same kind of thing..... :idea:.

Let me know if you want to know more or would like to come and visit. Very happy to help if you need anything and would love to hear how you get on.

H

mwncigirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:41:22 pm »
Hi, welcome  :wave:  We're in Mynydd Llandegai, near Bethesda. We have pigs and chickens and would love to make our own sausages. Not quite there yet though. Don't know of any associations but thought I'd say Hi!
Come find us on Facebook, Williams Poultry  :-)

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:56 pm »
Hello and welcome. I'm too far south to be of any help (Caerffili) but wish you all the very best of luck. If you do find a NW smallholders' group - or if you set one up - do let me know. I try and publicise any new groups I come across in my column in Country Smallholding magazine.
Liz
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 08:47:21 am »
Hiya from Bala :wave:   We've Beulah and Lleyn sheep, pigs sometimes, and chickens (oh and a 10 yr old son!!!)....  Love the idea of a NW smallholder gp (not least to share, swap and split things)- does sound like there are a few of us in the samish area.  Hope to meet soon! Love Fi xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS