Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from city slicker  (Read 1834 times)

Min

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Edinburgh
Hello from city slicker
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »
Hello everyone, city slicker here whose activities are mainly limited to buying in a veg box and making things from the contents though I manage to grow a few fruit/veg in our teeny garden.

Hoping to get out of the city someday though, and am making plans.  :farmer:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Hello from city slicker
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:24:56 pm »
Hello Min!

welcome from a beautifully sunny Worcestershire  :wave:  I'm London born and bred so our current lifestyle with goats and sheep and chickens and dung heaps and home grown veg is a far cry from what I grew up with - it can be done  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Min

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »
Hi, thank you.  ;D

That is reassuring to hear. I am from a small village originally and worked on a farm in my teens and early twenties so am not completely clueless but it has been a wee while so I can't help being a bit concerned!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »
Hi, thank you.  ;D

That is reassuring to hear. I am from a small village originally and worked on a farm in my teens and early twenties so am not completely clueless but it has been a wee while so I can't help being a bit concerned!

Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: Carnoustie  :wave:
It's like riding a bike - you never forget, just takes a wee while to get your confidence back  :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
 :wave: welcome from sunny Shropshire.  If you're originally from a village, I'm sure you must be desperate to get back to a rural life.  I know I'd love to live in a village again.  Keep planning.

Min

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 12:16:28 pm »
Thank you for the welcomes and encouragement, it is good to hear.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS