Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Coloured Ryeland Ewe & Ryeland Ewe with lambs at foot - Shropshire  (Read 3542 times)

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
Hi everyone. We will be selling some of our ewes at weaning to make way for new stock & also so I can keep some of this years lambs. Just thought I would see if anyone was interested in them while they still have lambs at foot. One is a registered Coloured Ryeland 3 year old ewe with twins at foot (one of each), lambs sired by a lovely registered Coloured Ryeland ram (can be seen). The ewe does have a ripped ear due to the tag so not suitable to be shown but an excellent breeding ewe. Would be open to sensible offers on her
The other is a registered Ryeland ewe with a ram lamb at foot, lamb sired by a gorgeous registered Ryeland Ram (unfortunately this ram is no longer with us due to old age but I have lots of pictures of him during the two years he spent with us). Both had straight forward births and have been good mums from the start. Would be happy to sell the older ewe for cull price + the price of her lamb. Although she could definitely be used to breed again and the price is a reflection of her age not her condition or any problems
Let me know if anyone is interested  :wave:

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Coloured Ryeland Ewe & Ryeland Ewe with lambs at foot - Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:49:38 am »
Hi Wellies,
                    unfortunatly I am in East Yorkshire and too far away but I would have been interested in the registered coloured ewe with lambs. Dont suppose you are coming up here for the AGM next saturday....? I have one ewe lamb from this years batch who will be all alone when the ewes are in with the tup this autumn so a ewe lamb would be ideal. Torn ears are not too much of a problem if the ewe is nice.

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:55:39 pm »
Hi, a lady has just reserved the ram lamb so unfortunately I can't sell her with lambs at foot now. We are hoping to go to the AGM on Saturday, might see you there. We Will have coloured ewe lambs available at weaning if you wanted a companion for your ewe lamb, we have 5 coloured ewe lambs for sale this year. Hubby does go up North quite a bit so I maybe able to convince him to deliver. If you want piccies of any of the ewe lambs let me know  :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:40:28 pm »
Aawww, I can't believe you folks are going to the AGM and I can't go  :'(

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »
Aw I thought you were going :-[  I was going to give you a copy of my poultry book to review. Why cant you go. I was looking forward to meeting you

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:38:01 am »
There's a rare breed sale on at Thainstone same day and I have a business meeting with the mart manager  :(

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:41:42 pm »
Thats such a shame. It would be great to meet folks from the forum.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS