Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Kent  (Read 2915 times)

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
Hello from Kent
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:35:43 pm »
Hi

I've been lurking on here for a while but now I've registered I thought I ought to introduce myself.

I'm Claire, married with 2 children, 2 cats, 2 alpacas, 4 chickens and 9 sheep.

I'm learning to spin at the moment, I'm a keen crocheter and have a little craft business. In my 'other life' I am a company secretary.

Claire.

90driver

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Independent Land Rover Specialst
Re: Hello from Kent
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:08 pm »
Hello from Kent too !!

I too am a newbie here.

What part of Kent are you from ?

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:06 pm »
Hi Claire,

I'm in Kent too (between Ashford, Canterbury and Folkestone) but only been here since last May. Currently have 3 children (that bit's not changing), 2 cats, 2 lizards, 2 geese, 5 ducks and 6 chickens (all those are variable). I was planning to get some sheep and alpacas but have just given up on that in favour of vineyard - was that a good call?

I'd love to learn to spin as well although I'm not sure how dedicated I'd be.....just like the idea of it.

Anyhow welcome!

H

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:54 am »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie :wave:

We have about 100 hens, six Shetland cattle, thirty Coloured Ryeland sheep including this year's 15 lambs, two dogs, three cats, two ponies and two KK weaners coming on Thursday  :excited: , plus veggie garden, fruit garden and 70 fruit trees, mainly apple but some pear, plum and gage. I can't spin though  ;D

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »
Hello from kent also. Theres a few us on here from daaaan saaaaaarf!

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome!

We're near Tunbridge Wells, in the Weald.

A vineyard would be great! We live near quite a sizeable one. We have a large (well, large for me!) veg patch, we don't have any fruit trees, although I was thinking about plugging some holes in the hedges with some sloes. Made some rather nice sloe gin a few years ago but have found sloes generally hard to find.

Our eldest would love a pony or horse but that's not going to happen unless we win the lottery. My plans at the moment are to add more sheep with good fleeces, my husband would like some more alpacas.

The spinning remains an ongoing thing, I've got a variety of fleeces to practise with, at the moment I'm working on a charolais but more of it is going on the fire than on the bobbin!

Anyway, thank you again for the lovely welcome!

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 09:40:32 am »
Welcome to TAS!  You certainly sound busy!  Are there enough hours in the day for you lol

Helen

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 09:29:51 am »
Hello from a wet Kent  :wave:

Sounds like you will be keeping busy, Good luck with ever thing
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS