Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bottle fed lambs - when can they stay out overnight?  (Read 2964 times)

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
Bottle fed lambs - when can they stay out overnight?
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:21:43 pm »

Hi

I'm new here although I've been lurking and reading posts for a while.

We have 5 bottle fed cade lambs and I'm wondering when they can stay out at night? They will have access to a shelter, and will be out with our two ewes with lambs at foot and our alpacas.

They're currently being bottle fed twice a day, have access to water, lamb creep and grass all day. I let the out to feed them in the morning and only get them back into their shed after their feed at night.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Claire.

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
Re: Bottle fed lambs - when can they stay out overnight?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:19:18 pm »
Hi there im new to all this 2 but our 4 week old bottle lambs are out at night with access to a shelter also in with 2 ewes and lambs and they seem to be coping fine i have seen them going in when drizzles un like others though but woman we got them from did pamper them with blow drying them if got damp and living in her house.

1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »
Ours stay out from 3-5 days old with access to a shelter.

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:37:37 pm »
Thanks! It seems as if maybe we've been spoiling them, so tonight we've left the door of the shed open, let's hope there all still okay in the morning.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS