Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Please beware!!  (Read 11031 times)

inncca

• Joined Apr 2013
Please beware!!
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »
Hi All, I am new to this forum but need to spread the word - Beware please.

We are farmers from the South of England and have had dealings with an online shop called Moo2ewe.

This is a warning if anyone does go through this web page DO NOT transfer money from your bank account to their bank account.  You wont get it back if the goods are not delivered.

You either need to pay Cash On Delivery  OR  pay buy CREDIT CARD (which they wont take).....

They will make excuses - we ordered goods worth £400 in December - transferred the money and here we are in April 2013 still waiting for refund.

Other forums have posted the same thing...

At this present time I am seeking the assistance of "Fraud online"..

So this is a cautionary notice to our fellow farmers/smallholders etc.,

Many thanks..

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: Please beware!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:22:42 pm »
Thanks for the info, hope you get your money back
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:29:06 pm »
how do we know this is genuine ? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:38:03 pm »
I have seen a long thread on another forum where multiple posters have..posted.

It seems as genuine as anything else on the internet, of course you can never know for sure.

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 01:42:37 pm »
This particular person has posted this morning on another forum (River Cottage) - I think they're genuinely pissed off with poor service. Haven't read many other complaints
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »
Thanks for the information, for those who wish to make their own mind up please head to Google, and have a look at this thread on Downsizer:

http://forum.downsizer.net/post-1333242.html

As ever it's a case of buyer beware, so please don't hand over any of your hard-earned (or easily found) cash unless you're absolutely certain it's legit.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 07:43:19 pm »
I would be very wary of any website that doesn't allow use of a credit card.  That is a method of payment where your transactions are protected.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

inncca

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 07:47:06 am »
It most definitely is genuine and I have now found out I am not the only one!  Obviously, you can make your own judgements but if my statement helps one person to NOT make the same mistake - I will be happy.  No chance of getting money back and the Police are now involved. Just needed to put it out there - how you take is down to you. Many thanks.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:18 am »
Thanks for letting everyone know, Inncca, forewarned is forearmed
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

si-mate

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Kent
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 01:03:18 pm »
I would be very wary of any website that doesn't allow use of a credit card.  That is a method of payment where your transactions are protected.

Nor would I hand over any money to a website that doesn't give an address and land line phone number.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »
My view is... only buy from sites with an address and contact number, only enter your details on pages that are secure (https), If they only offer cash or bank transfer as payment options then steer well clear.
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

jot1974

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 07:53:12 pm »
We are having the exact same problem with moo2ewe re delivery. Ordered gates in december.It has now become impossible to even contact the company as they are not answering e mails or calls. There is a lot of other smallholders out there online that we duped too. Guess we can all learn from these mistakes re cards. My hubby is old fashioned and sent his bank details....won't do that again!! 

inncca

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:56 pm »
Yes "hind sight" is a wonderful thing!  This is one costly mistake that we certainly wont be doing again... The group of people is getting bigger by the day and moo2ewe only answer your emails if you send them one that is "not so polite".   The police will have to take notice now surely.

inncca

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »
I have been asked by Lincolnshire Trading Standards for anyone affected by moo2ewe with money, deliveries or any other grievance to either email them on tradingstandards@lincolnshire.gov.uk with all your details OR you can ring them direct on 01522 782341.

Best of luck

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:03 pm »
Good grief, Ive had a lucky escape they cam to look at some grazing I had  last spring.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS