Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Would you believe it.  (Read 921 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Would you believe it.
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:37:59 pm »
I do some stupid things but this evening I was rushing to get ponies in as it was very windy and leaving the double doors open was a bit of a risky thing, I shut the chickens in their converted stable first just to make sure none got back outside. Once all were settle and fed I shouted on Jake my Jack Russell who always come out with me and runs about checking for mice in all the places he thinks they might be. I went to put off the lights while telling Jake to come, no dog. thought he must have gone round to the house, no dog.Went back checked each pony to see if I had shut him in, no dog. Where was he ? shut in with the chickens, all 14 of them. he was sitting on the floor watching the birds feeding quite happy with himself. I am sure he was smiling when I found him. Maybe he thought he was in for a night of fun !

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Would you believe it.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:05:11 am »
I think I've done worse. I had a sick cockerel that I'd brought into the kitchen in a dog carrier but then let out to have a wander round. When I needed to go out, I went to put him back in and he seemed a bit reluctant but I shoved him in anyway. Then when I picked it up, it seemed quite heavy. It was only when I looked inside carefully that I realised one of the cats had been in there too - they were both pressed up at opposite ends of the crate staring at each other. Not a sound but once I opened it again they both shot out!

Oh, and then there was a time when I shut the door of the chicken house at dusk without checking they were in there. Went to shut the geese in, realised the door of their shed had blown shut so all the chickens had been trapped in there (no dog or cat accompaniment though)

H

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS