Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boreray sheep  (Read 8899 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Boreray sheep
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 03:23:12 pm »
So there you have it folks - the arguments for and against  :sheep: :horse: :cow: :pig: :chook: :&>    (Hi Sally :innocent: )
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 04:22:55 pm »

Well said fleecewife. Goodluck again fiestyredhead331 and check out farmingads for those Borerays for sale!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »
I don't think I actually said I wanted to support rare breeds, don't get me wrong I am all for it but at the moment that's not my priority. The owner of the flock entioned earlier which I assume are unregistered has kindly offered to give me his flock so will discuss it in more detail next week when he gets back. I am just looking forward to having a nice wee flock of something different and if ide at some point to go down the route of registered rare breeds other than the 4 registered shetland sheep I'm getting in august then I shall be in touch with the appropriate bodies.
Apologies for any spelling mistakes but the buttons on therse blackberries are stupid
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 12:37:27 am »
I dont register my WiltsHorns either - I mistrust breed societies in general for almost any kind of animal.

They just seem to act as a conduit for breeding for colour or shapliness of head or prettiness of face or some other pointless physical attribute over soundness, width of genepool etc. Even if the breed society has good intentions, these types of policy seem to often come to the fore. 

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:14 pm »

Never mind the buttons  fiestyredhead331 I couldn't even turn a blackberry on lol! Good luck with your sheep  :fc:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »

Never mind the buttons  fiestyredhead331 I couldn't even turn a blackberry on lol! Good luck with your sheep  :fc:

:roflanim:   Dans' OH had to show me how to turn mine on and now I can't remember how to turn it off  ::)   ;D    But I like the buttons............
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

I won't buy an expensive mobile in case, I kill it, previous deaths have been cased by leaving on gatepost (safe place) Whilst working with sheep and getting rained on, falling out of pocket whilst riding horse, getting rained on, horse stepping on phone,  falling down the toilet, dropping phone in cup of tea, classic! I think the sheep are so lucky I'm not a clumsy person! :innocent:  :roflanim:

Im in aw that you two can work blackberries!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS