Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: huge udder...  (Read 10961 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: huge udder...
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »
I advise after cleaning off the gunk and drying said bottom that you smear on some vaseline. Just helps aid against the 'sticking' factor.

That's a good idea! :thumbsup:

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:03 pm »
That has made me giggle  ;D only on TAS could you get advise to smear a bottom with Vaseline and no one bats an eyelid  :innocent:

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 10:10:37 pm »
Whilst I was cleaning a yellow bottom this year I thought to myself, isn't this the ewe's job?  ??? And it was a lamb from the same ewe who's lambs I had to clean last year.  Most of my ewes are very good at licking their babies's botties, so I was thinking that it could be another factor that I might use for performance recording...

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 12:21:05 am »
My dogs do a brilliant job of cleaning up messy bottoms on lambs. They love it when I bottle feed lambs, because they have sitting targets. Very useful with other lambs, too - much more natural for a lamb to have its bottom licked rather than rubbed with a wet sponge.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 12:35:40 pm »
Aren't dogs just the most disgusting creatures! ::)
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS