Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Entropion...  (Read 7433 times)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Entropion...
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:20 am »
We get a few each year (Ryelands). This year, we had a few - mainly in the white lambs rather than the black ones.

Suggests a degree of heritability?  Can you trace beck the ewes whose lambs have had it, to a single dam or sire?   We had a couple of cases many years ago in our Southdowns and I just wiped the free edge of the eyelid with a clean tissue a couple of times a day.  Haven't seen it since, and never in our Badger Face.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52:24 am »
One of my ewes had twins this year and both had to have injections by the vet at two weeks old.  I have not seen it in her lambs before  :-\ (her 4th lambing).  Her daughter also had twins this year using the same ram, and both her twins are fine, as are all his other 7 lambs.

Jcrang

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 10:09:47 pm »
I've had two cases this year in Ryelands and one from Mules. Pretty easy to sort, inject 1 ml Pen and Strep or maybe Engemyacin into lid. One case went after a day, the other in Ryeland lamb took much longer and needed 2 ml to sufficiently fill lower lid and roll away lashes. Much easier with a helper to restrain lamb for you. Clips,a stitch or removing a section can also be options if needed.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS