Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Image theft on ebay.  (Read 2384 times)

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Image theft on ebay.
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:27 pm »
Every year I have photographs of my birds used to sell hatching eggs on ebay.

So far this season I have had 5 sellers fraudulently using photographs to sell eggs to unsuspecting buyers from my web site or from google.

I report everyone to ebay that does it, but be aware if your buying eggs off ebay to do a google search of the breed to see if they actually own the birds they sell the eggs from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/exchequer-leghorn-bantam-hatching-eggs-/290898144924?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item43bae16e9c

These are actually my Large Fowl Exchequers.

Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Image theft on ebay.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 06:40:45 pm »
its not that difficult to watermark your images to make it obvious they are stolen...

taz08

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:45:09 pm »
if you want your images watermarked i can do them for you
 :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »
If you took the photos yourself you have teh copyright over them too.  If someone else did then they have that copyright.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 09:37:42 pm »
I've had a look through various hatching eggs on eBay and just can't get enough of a feel for any of the sellers to buy them. I've now ordered from two breeders direct. I know little more about them but they have their own websites with lots of photos and I've been able to speak to them in person so I know more about their birds which makes me feel a whole lot better. I can well believe this but it's awful really, isn't it? For some reason I trust Preloved more - not sure why, just seems that it's more individuals (as eBay used to be) rather than big sellers.

Hope you manage to get the photos removed from their items at least.

H

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:55 pm »
If you want hatching eggs why go further than TAS members?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:46:03 pm »
Not sure anybody has the specific breeds I wanted (rare breed ducks) - certainly no mention on the hatching eggs thread that people were posting on a while ago....when I'm allowed to hatch chickens again, I'll certainly be in contact with some (actually probably going to buy POL hens locally for this year).

H

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS