Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sprocker Spaniel Pups  (Read 3732 times)

freyja

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Dorset
Sprocker Spaniel Pups
« on: July 03, 2009, 04:03:50 pm »
I have a litter of 9 sprocker pups. Born 01/07/02 Solid chocolate and chocolate and White,Five have been reserved,four left 2 bitches 2dogs.Parents(springer mum,cocker dad) are both excellent working dogs who work with me throughout the shooting season,loyal and eager to please.Hopefully these pups should follow in their parents footsteps as working dogs, or make ACTIVE funloving loyal members to a ACTIVE family.
Both parents can be viewed along with other family members .

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Sprocker Spaniel Pups
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:01:43 am »
Is this a deliberate mating or accidental?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

freyja

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Dorset
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:30:10 am »
This is a deliberate mating .Why?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 06:13:52 pm »
Just wondered.  If the parents are working dogs I'm sure you will find good working homes for them.

My sister had a Sprocker for 15 years and she was mental.  So, so intense, and her siblings were the same.  Sasha was much loved but was quite nervous and to be honest should have been sold to a working home not a pet one.  I only have KC registered gundogs just now but I fancy a JR sometime which although they are pedigree they aren't registrable(at the moment anyway, although the Parson Russell version is). 

Trouble is many people think crosses (designer breeds) are good and avoid inherited diseases but it isn't true.  If you mate a cavalier with Syringomyelia to a Cocker with slipping patella you're just as likely to get pups carrying neither of these as either of them or as both.  Depends on the genes.

Good luck with selling them.  Any photos?  I'll bet they are so cute.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS