Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the last post.  (Read 14839 times)

deepinthewoods

the last post.
« on: April 04, 2013, 06:39:37 pm »
from deepinthewoods.

right then.

ive thought long and hard about this. and im sure a few people here will be glad but its time for me to go.

ive realised that apart from a select few, who either now know me in real life, or will, or are in contact with me properly, i really dont fit in..

maybe its the life ive led, but my reality seems to be totally misunderstood. i seem to be in an environment i would never enter into in real life, in my life,everyone i know would share their last fag, their last beer and their last pound.

it was really noticable to me, that when one of the members here was being threatened with eviction, and had nowhere to go,  the only people who offered any help, were the ones who owned no land of their own. that sort of said it all. how many acres between all the members? not one offered a pitch up. i really couldnt believe that.

its ok to be rich, its ok to have land, but if youve lost all humanity, what is the point?

id like to hope that at least ive opened a few peoples eyes, to what is happening in the underclass of this country. and as ive said before, its the job of the strong, and the rich, to look after those weaker than them. not exploit them. this has always been my point.

i would also like to think that ive shown some people that you can be politically active in this democratic farce of a country. thats worth remembering too.

my daughter was the 1000 th like, on tas facebook page. and was publicly 'offered' a 'prize' from then on, silence. funny that.

and

rosemary, youve ignored my pm's, youve ignored my friend requests. i dont know why. and i really dont care. but you know what, i aint that bad.

if anyone wants to get hold of me. im sure you can ;)

stay lucky.xx

and before anyone asks, yes me n plums are eloping in a romany vardo. ok.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: the last post.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:04:55 pm »
:-(

Bye bye my cucumber lifeline. I loved your  posts. I hope you and Plums will be happy.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »
Please could you pm me as I would like to stay in touch
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

the great composto

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:29:01 pm »

I have listened a bit & learned a bit so ...   thanks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:42:35 pm by the great composto »

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »
So long Dave, you'll be missed in front of and behind the camera. Good luck in whatever you pursue.  :thumbsup:

The Facebook prize was my fault - it was my responsibility and it didn't get done in time to know who it was. A pity you couldn't have given us a prod - we're not infallible, and it's a real shame this is the one prize of the many we have given away that we missed.  :-\

Anyway, take care and be safe and happy.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »
Ha ha , at last ! I hate him anyway .

Not really !
I miss so much on here now , i can't keep up with it all .
I will text you later mate , if i don't forget !
 Take care , Russ .

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 07:54:00 pm »
How sad.  A very passionate man with strong heartfelt beliefs. Be very very happy DITW :sunshine:

JMB

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »
Best of luck. I've enjoyed reading your posts.
Don't be too disillusioned by people though. We are often busy fighting our own battles at home and at work.
My sheep died last week - nothing in the grand scale of other people's problems - but I got a lot of comfort from people on TAS.
Happy eloping and stay lucky yourself .
J xxxxxx

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 07:57:34 pm »
take care and good luck  :trophy:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »
rosemary, youve ignored my pm's, youve ignored my friend requests. i dont know why. and i really dont care. but you know what, i aint that bad.

I'd like to just say for the record that I haven't had any PMs from DITW that I haven't replied to. I am pretty assiduous at replying to PMs and emails.

I am also not aware of not replying to any FB friend requests - I do sometimes miss stuff on FB but that's technical ignorance on my part, not through any wish to offend.

I'm sorry to see DITW go too, despite his bad mouthing me  :)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »
OHHHHHH  NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I can relate to your posts........although my brain is far too frazzled for deep stuff (age and being busy) I love the way you put things.
I am back at work and am shocked just hope ignorant some people are, I went to ask advice where I was working and was ignored,  then I helped my client at lunch time and I know she is difficult but people ignored me too, I just commented on how nice the day was etc and was blanked...
Now I know that's irrelevant to you DITW but some people need to learn to be more civil, we all have different views and prospectives on life but at least we should listen, and try to understand.
I value your opinion on many things, I need people like you and some others on here to fill me in with political stuff and social stuff....
I hope you stay as I believe you to be both fair and honest, particularly as a moderator on here!!!!!! Thanks but don't P off :bouquet:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 08:32:14 pm »
 :love:
and before anyone asks, yes me n plums are eloping in a romany vardo. ok.
:bouquet: :bouquet:
Hope things turn out good for you all....do you need a bridesmade?  ;)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »
You criticised and upset me on here DITW and picked on me even when you put yourself forward as a global moderator.  You didn't listen to what I had to say, just barged your way over my head with your unfounded statements.  You want people to listen and take notice of you and what you think yet you don't listen to others.  Luckily I am quiet natured and didn't make a big deal out of it because this website is great and doesn't need over-reactors.

So it's your last post, there you go.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

littlelugs

• Joined Aug 2011
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:31 pm »
Gutted looked forward to your views on what's really happening in this crazy world, if u get this drop me a pm with contact details pls x

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »
I'll miss your posts Dave and thanks for being the first to pm me giving your support when it was needed... C u on the other side

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS