Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free 2 kune kune pigs  (Read 2843 times)

Pikeman

• Joined Mar 2013
Free 2 kune kune pigs
« on: March 31, 2013, 07:17:43 pm »
Lovely but don't fit with our plans, the will sit to be fed and roll over, moving more into meat production now though.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: Free 2 kune kune pigs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 08:19:50 pm »
Location?

Pikeman

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »
Worcestershire

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 04:21:23 am »
Kunes are very tasty  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:48 am »
Sorry, I know this is a marketplace ad but I had to say something  :innocent:

Most of the pork we produce here comes from Kunekune pigs, as Rosemary says they are tasty  :yum:

Pikeman, a few weeks ago you were looking for an arc, last week you were considering adding extra weaners and now you're giving your pigs away for free  :'( :'( :'( Can I respectfully suggest you give a bit more thought to the lives of the animals you are taking on please ?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound patronising or preachy - but it's really not fair on the pigs  :(

Pikeman

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:55:24 am »
Well thank you for the feedback!! They are pigs!! Decided to get them slaughtered instead.as people say they should taste nice.

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:03 am »
- but it's really not fair on the pigs  :(

It's really not fair on the pigs.... to kill them and turn them into sausages

Must go...... bacon is under the grill  :-[

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:00:18 am »
- but it's really not fair on the pigs  :(

It's really not fair on the pigs.... to kill them and turn them into sausages

Must go...... bacon is under the grill  :-[

that is not what karen mean't at all, getting pigs then giving them away is not good...

we all love sausages and bacon karen produces some great product from kune kunes and their welfare is always the most important thing!!!

i don't keep pigs but i sure do eat them and i'd ask questions about someone continually changing their setup it implies they haven't done their research correctly in the first place...

Pikeman

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 12:19:42 pm »
Right lets just get this straight, the pigs were bought 3 yrs ago as pets, things have changed and we want to rear for meet. We need the extra space to do this. So give them to a new pet home or kill them. Tried the giving away so now it's sausage time.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 01:54:54 pm »
I would give them a pet home, however, logistically I don't think it's practical as I am based east coast Scotland!
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Pasture Farm

• Joined Aug 2011
  • East Lincolnshire
  • Trusty Traca
    • Pasture Poultry
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 02:30:36 pm »
Right lets just get this straight, the pigs were bought 3 yrs ago as pets, things have changed and we want to rear for meet. We need the extra space to do this. So give them to a new pet home or kill them. Tried the giving away so now it's sausage time.

I would do the same Pikeman    ............i'm sure they'll make great sausages

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »
Thanks for all the commentary, but please respect the Marketplace guidelines - this board is for posting stuff for sale, swap or to give away, it is not a 'please critique my Marketplace post' board:

Please do not reply to marketplace posts unless you are asking a question about the services or goods advertised. Any general comments should be posted in the relevant forum board, with a link / reference back to the marketplace post.

If you have concerns about a Marketplace post please contact the moderators. Ta.  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS