Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Village  (Read 2989 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
The Village
« on: March 31, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »
Tonight on BBC 1 at 9pm.

This was recorded in the villages next to us - hoping to spot some familiar landmarks.  Thats if I finish feeding everthing in time, of course!!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-28/john-simm-and-maxine-peake-in-bbc1-drama-the-village---preview-pictures
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:11:07 pm by Roxy »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: The Village
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:11:11 pm »
I'm looking forward to it.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:33:36 pm »
I love to watch Foyle's War because I grew up in Hastings and recognise lots of the scenes.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »
I only just read your post Rixy but really enjoyed the programme, very well put together...and some very good looking actors..... :thinking:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:04 am »
Did you see anywhere you recognised Roxy?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:14:34 pm »
Our caravan is sited just up the road from what was shown last night. My ponies lived in the village for 5 years so we regularly rode up to Kinder Scout along the road shown :)   That was where the men who had joined up marched along with band.  The hall they were in, is actually the village library.

The big house, is a local Hall,which is now privately owned, but often used for filming.  Will enjoy looking out for more things, next week.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:58:57 pm »
I read in the papers over the weekend that they had wanted to use lots of locals as extras, but they couldn't because most looked too modern with tattoos, dyed hair, suntans, and plucked eyebrows! Instead had to hire in from acting agencies.
Still, hopefully the series will bring tourism to the area and boost the economy. It looks a lovely place.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:14:33 am »
Can't cope with more tourists - riding up the little lanes is a nightmare already, with walkers going up kinder scout walking five abreast.  We tend to only ride out early morning or late evening to avoid the crowds!!!

No one asked me to be an extra.  No tats, no dyed hair, definitely no suntan :)   Come to think of it,lots of people I know have tattoos-lots of them!!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:24:50 am »
Nearly choked and spat coffee all over my mobile phone  Rox , then saw that you said " no 'tats' ".
Lol , need me eyes doing .

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 09:41:23 am »
My friend Sally must live near you then Roxy. She runs Barnett Bakery and her husband is on the Kinder rescue team  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 10:16:52 am »
Don't know Sally, but have heard about her wonderful cakes, baked from home, Plums.  She lives in Chinley, about a mile from land (my old land).  Hayfield Mountain Rescue is about 4 miles away.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS