Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: HAW meney sheep lost to the wether  (Read 5690 times)

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Re: HAW meney sheep lost to the wether
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 07:23:01 pm »
 :'( :sheep:
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 08:59:30 pm »
Wellies your a braver person than me - I help out my near farm for experience but I don't know how I would cope with that - then I guess your looking for the ones you can save not for the dead so all hands on deck - good on you
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 11:16:41 am »
The thing is when you save a ewe if in lamb it will blow up when the lamb dies farmers reporting saving ewes only to find them the next day dead .Scotland is not as bad as the north east aran Ireland etc .Its as bad as foot and mouth no young lambs in the fields when spring comes .The food is a concers as stock is running out and forcasts still look bad minus 10 this morning .Last up date sunday More of the same on Easter Monday as high pressure remains to the north, keeping the UK under a cold easterly air stream. Overnight temperatures will fall readily where skies clear, with -5C (27F) or even lower possible in places, leading to further moderate or even severe frosts for the time of year. The unseasonal weather looks set to continue in early April, and there is the risk of strengthening winds and another pool of cold air bringing an increased risk of snow showers to northern and eastern regions through the second half of the week. Temperatures could finally start recovering through the second week of April. will be keeping an eye on the prospects in the coming days

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS