Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When can kids leave home?  (Read 1675 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
When can kids leave home?
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:27:36 pm »
As title says my kids are now 3 months and 2 1/2 months, they are both going to the same home so when will they be old enough to go (never if I had my way) ? Mums are in no way getting fed up with them, they all get on really well.
Anne

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: When can kids leave home?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:04:58 pm »
I go on the weaning at 3 months and then keep them for a couple of weeks to chech they are coping ok. I am also going to start seperating my Boers  during the day once they are 12 weeks old so that they get used to not having at lib milk to get them ready for leaving
Graham

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:24:17 pm »
Thanks Sokel, I got it wrong with my son then he is 32 and still living at home  :innocent:
Anne

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »
Depending on how you are feeding them  but I would have said plenty old enough to go.
I take my kids off the dam at around 3-5hours old...........find this way there is little or no distress from either party.  In fact most of mine hand over their kids and carry on eating !!!!!!!!      But it does , of course, mean I have to feed them 4 or 5 times a day to start with.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS