Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello everyone  (Read 3897 times)

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
Re: hello everyone
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »
I would say it is 100% worth it. I used to live for the holidays and count down the days each term, Sunday evening after Country file always resulted in a grumpy groan as I realized the weekend was over. I went part time initially but found I was still having to do loads of work at home and not being paid so I stopped and have not been back since Christmas. I have a friend who also stopped and she does supply in Primary schools and loves it. I'm lucky that we have the farm and I can work there but even if we didn't I would still have stopped as i was at breaking point. I think as soon as you are out other opportunities will arise, I have other friends who have stopped and still work in education but don't teach, they mentor or work for county instead.

If you hate it then get out, so many teachers stay working when they are really fed up which is no fun. Go for it-i think its the best thing I've ever done! My husband says I'm a different person, happier, less stressed and better company although much poorer!! But there is more to live than money. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Jess

Blimey, reading that is like reading my own story - just hope I can reach the same outcome too.  I too live for the holidays and hate Sunday evening.  My hubby also says I am never happier or more relaxed than when I am down the field with the pigs and chooks.  We are applying for a tenanted farm next month, if that doesn't come off then we are gonna sell up and make the move, probably to mid-Wales.  Thank you for your reply, really useful to hear someones story who has experienced the same as me in education.

Donna

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 10:29:14 am »
Hi and welcome  :wave:  good luck with all your plans, and may they all work out  :fc:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

zoe_emma

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »
Hi from yet another disillusioned secondary teacher yearning to make the move to a small holding. The policy making is out of control, we had ofsted in last week and were given 3 months before they come back and decide if they will put us in special measures. It is now like working in hell as you can I imagine!

Good luck with your venture - hope all goes well  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:20:14 am by zoe_emma »

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »
yep - my ex was a teacher and I a lonely Dad who cooked, washed,ironed, played with the kids - did everything with them at the weekend and after school whilst she was being a teacher. The obligatory bouts of sick leave that goes with teaching and visits to the GP, Psychiatrists and a baby psychologists did not help. She lost her husband to teaching but sadley lost her son and daughter. The daughter is now talking to her though. She talked the dream every summer holiday but ironically it is me who is living it.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:39 am »
Welcome to the board.

Good luck with it all.  Life is too short.

Helen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS