Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New girl on the block  (Read 2583 times)

Kerryw

• Joined Jun 2009
New girl on the block
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:49:52 am »
Hi,
My name's Kerry and I joined on saturday.I'm married with two kids and live and work in beautiful perthshire. Up until this year we were members of Perth farmers market selling our herbs, wildflowers, veg and trees. We went by the name of herbs n stuff. Perhaps some of you have met us there. We've found though that increasing costs like insurance etc it wouldn't be worth it this year so we're concentrating on gardening side of our business which is going pretty well. We still produce plants though. We just can't help ourselves. Watching a tiny seed grow and bloom is a miracle to us every time it happens! The only animals we have at the moment are a border collie and a moggy. I do plan to have pigs for meat and some chickens for eggs in the future. I'd love chickens for meat too. Our current produce is salads, tomatoes, apples, blackcurrants, strawberries, raspberries, figs, courgettes, peas and blueberries. I do want more tree fruit though. I will have that orchard!!

Clairie

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: New girl on the block
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:56:35 pm »
Hey there! 

Welcome to the site and thanks for your post!

I'm in Errol.  I remember Herbs and Stuff! 

We're in the process of starting selling our own produce - beef, lamb, tatties and eggs just now but have just planted leeks, neeps and carrots.  We'll have pork from September too.  Hope your diversification goes well too! x

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:10:43 pm »
Hi welcome from Brittany, where I grow the best weeds in France.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 02:18:44 am »
Hi Kerry...welcome to TAS

Farmer
 :farmer:

sandy

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:25:48 am »
Morning!!! I thought I read this before..must be going mad!!! Anyway, we love collecting herbs etc from the wild, so much out there, I only grow the more obviouse ones, mint, rosemerry, sage, chives, Bay, and some other little bits!!!!!! got a freezer stuffed with wild garlic....shame the stall finished, look forward to your posts.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:34:23 am »
Hi and welcome. :) :) :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS