Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: plastic drainpipe  (Read 1836 times)

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
plastic drainpipe
« on: March 22, 2013, 07:04:23 pm »
So after trying nearly every way possible trying to feed the pigs with out them either tipping everything over or walking in it and beating down in the ground for some reason they now won't eat it of the concrete floor I have srewed a 8 foot piece of drainpip to the wall 10 inches off the floor and for a week now they have not even broke it its long enough for all of them to eat out of without fighting and they can see underneath so they don't have to break it into pieces how long it will last is another thing but it is holding up so far fingers crossed

Stevie G

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: plastic drainpipe
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 03:48:29 am »
Pigs will be pigs, as if it ain't too heaving or screwed \nailed down they will move/destroy it.
Good Luck with your new solution. :relief:

littleacorn

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:12:09 am »
Oh this sounds a good idea - any chance of a picture ?   ;D

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 11:02:18 am »
My concern with drainpipe would be that when the break it, and they will, you could end up with sharp pieces of plastic around which could cause injuries. A piece of it stuck in a pig's foot would be nasty.

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 06:38:54 pm »
hi there i was a bit concerned that they would break it into little pieces but its been a week now and they have not bothered with it maybe its because they can see uder it that there is no food under there its lastong well so far  :fc: :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS