Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Stormy weather"  (Read 9359 times)

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
"Stormy weather"
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:11:07 pm »
Good luck to all who may be affected by the approaching storm which is about to give us a darn good thrashing (according to the weatherr men / women)
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: "Stormy weather"
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:17:17 am »
Darn windy out there this morning.    No one, but no one wanted to come out their straw filled houses ....... until they heard the feed buckets a'rattlin of course!.     Poor hens popped out and then promptly popped back in again!!  Horses all with their backs to it and trying to catch the hay before it blows away.   Just watching and waiting now.......darn thing is I have to go to work and then I worry all day.  :'( :-\
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00:20 am »
blinkers  maybe you need to install web cam and hook em up so you can pop in on them  lol

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 09:13:57 am »
If only..... :D

At the moment the wind has died down again, but it seems to keeping coming back about every 30 mins.    The trouble here is that 'weather' get stuck in the dip of the Downs and has trouble escaping again!!   But its still not as bad as back as '87.....thank goodness.
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:23:15 am »
We took a battering here in Normandy from about 5am this morning (4am UK time). It subsided at around 8am our time. I watched the weather forcast last evening and thought it may pass us by but no luck! We were thankful to see everyone safe outside afterwards and at the moment the sky is blue but still breezy. Hopefully that is it for us.

I hope the rest of you have 'weathered it' well and good luck for later in the morning to anyone in its path.

Get out the hot chocolate and bake one of those lovely cakes from Mr Reee - good old comfort food - be indulgent why not!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:48:09 am »
Oh how I wish......................I'm stuck in an office all day.................and obviously SHOULDN'T be on TAS forum !!! :P
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 11:20:29 am »
I wont tell if you wont!

Kate

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:45:18 am »
 ;) ;)
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 11:53:18 am »
lol not to bad here just heavy rains, wind isn't anything unusually for me here (it's always strong and fast here rolls of the hill and on an open plain to get pick up speed anyway by the time it hit us.
han't hear anything from my parents who are in south wales, but am not a hundred percent sure if they are at home or staying with a friend   in Hereford (there dirty stop out, and they shouldn't be acting like this at their age, lol)

I think they are enjoying their  freedom now that my grandparents have passed away

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 01:54:14 pm »
It's been terrible here this morning & there's no sign of easing... The pigs are safely in their arc & the chooks have stayed in!

I've had my hot chocolate & I'm now taking Kate's advice & I'm gonna make some scones.

Hopefully that will cheer up the boys who are still trying to put up the fence  :o

Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

rustyme

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 02:06:41 pm »
It was very VERY windy here ( West Wales) last night and into this morning . Then it died down a bit , a few gusty bits of wind and some heavy showers, but now ..phew the wind is really picking up again and the rain is very heavy and constant. Haven't been to the horses yet ...on my way now. But here one side of one of my sheds broke free and was flapping a bit . That was a bit scarey , trying to catch the side of an 10'x6' steel shed flapping in the wind !!! Still got it knocked back into place and tied down , so fingers crossed it should stay there now.  Off to see to the horses now, just hope I can get along the track through the woods now, in the last storms we had here I had to use the bow saw to remove 4 trees that had come down across the track .  :D

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 02:29:34 pm »
hardly any wind here now just wet n orrible :-[
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 03:54:05 pm »
S. Brittany, very very windy.  Two big branches down on 1 arc, covering entrance, kept the draft out though, its ok Kate Duchess and co. are all fine.  Road is covered in small branches, had to clear it before postman could get through.  Enforced day of leisure, watching dvds.  Not even Xmas day was this relaxed.  Going to buy pig nuts, throw them around quick then light the fire and watch more tv.  What a day.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 04:00:43 pm »
I spoke too soon - it is back and absolutely foul! Time for me to start baking now - cake, scones and rice pud! With one due in from school and one due in from repairing pig housing and don't think the comfort food will last too long!

Just read your post HM - look after yourselves please!  Glad to hear the babies are fine. We lost a young weaner pot belly this morning. I thought we had got away with any disasters, but I noticed one up against the fence around their toilet area - not a mark on it so it must have just been unlucky and got caught out when it started in the early hours. The poor little man.

Everyone take care and tuck up.

Kate

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 09:30:55 pm »
poo!! - we lost a fence panel , all the trellising along the side , a section of the back fencing and worst of all.............my broad beans which were doing so well now look like they have been attacked by a steam roller - luckily all animals ok though :) - plus i had to work all day so have not been able to repair anything as i had to work on a few hours to suspend some people ( i dont mean string them up to the rafters - although thinking about it..........!! :D) - good luck all ;)
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS