Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted- Orphan/Cade Lambs. Central Scotland  (Read 2879 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Wanted- Orphan/Cade Lambs. Central Scotland
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:05:32 am »
Hello,

Now that the goats have kidded we are once again swimming in milk, even with 4 kids to drink it we still have too much. So would like some Orphan/Cade lambs. Happy to pay, if cost reasonable. Don't mind what breed, except not pure breed primitives, as we don't have enough grass/ land to take them through the winter and into next year.

Looking to rear for our own meat consumption. We are in Central Scotland, so Falkirk, Stirling, Lothian areas, but could collect in Perthshire, South west of Scotland as well.

Would take 2-4 lambs.

Thanks!
Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Wanted- Orphan/Cade Lambs. Central Scotland
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:39:37 am »
Hi Beth think we may be too far away from you, but the farmer we are getting ours from had surpless last year and probably will this year. He lambs early april
Graham

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:00:48 pm »
Thanks sokel, that might be a little bit too far, but I will keep it in mind. The OH's parents live in Dumfries which is why I mentioned being able to collect in the south west.

Beth

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 07:12:21 am »
how many were you looking for ? im in ayrshire and get them from the same farmer every year

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:15:43 am »
Sorry just seen your looking for 2 - 4  il find out they lamb in the next few weeks
You also get them at lanark market

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
Hi Dundonald- that would be great thanks. Might even be prepared to take 6 as I think my sister might want a couple as well.

Re Lanark- what sale do they normally come under? The same day as the poultry/pig sale? I prefer to get them straight from the farm as its less hassle for the lambs, but I could try there.

Thanks,
Beth

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 07:44:15 am »
one of the girls i work with her mum has a big sherp farm shes goibg to give me a price this week fo you have a flock numbrr and tags ?

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 05:30:26 pm »
Hi, yes we have a flock number and I do have 6 tags left from last year. We are only looking for 4 lambs now we have decided. The sale is Lanark is on tomorrow I notice- haven't decided whether to do or not.

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 07:13:48 pm »
Shame you are so far Beth as we have had a cry for help  call from a friend today who has asked if we can take orphan lambs, she has started lambing and loads scanned  with triplets and she says they do not have the milk/condition to feed even twins and can we help her
Graham

rmorris

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Perthshire
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 01:48:09 pm »
Hi,

We have some you may be interested in.  Approx 1 week old at the moment.  Blackie/Cheviot crosses. Separated from mum's as born during snow storms and now no hope of re-uniting! Costing us time and money bottle feeding powdered milk so if you have a good supply of milk then that is great.

We are based just South of Aberfeldy.

PM me if you are interested...

Richard.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS