Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spotted Boers  (Read 8144 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Spotted Boers
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:55:20 am »
As the weather is so bad I am sat here doing nothing  ::) Been browsing the net and found spotted and Dappled Boers  :o
I love them, Would love some but dont think there is any in the UK yet  :-\ I also like the Kalahari Boers
I can dream !!  :roflanim:
Graham

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Spotted Boers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »
I keep seeing goats that I'm looking for in Ireland.Why couldn't they build a bloomin tunnel there instead of France!
   I saw fainting goats advertised on pre-loved,I've never heard of those comming in to the country(Wouldn't want one anyway)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:52:55 pm »
I wouldn't want a fainting goat either
I really should stop looking  as may be keeping some of this year's kids
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 02:08:37 pm »
Sokel, what happened to your goat that was starting to kid last week?

I got one nanny due tomorrow and am up and down to the shed every couple of hours - not worth starting to do anything else as in the past she has been a very fast kidder and I do like to be there... and the weather is bloomin awful...

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 06:25:28 pm »
Sokel, what happened to your goat that was starting to kid last week?

I got one nanny due tomorrow and am up and down to the shed every couple of hours - not worth starting to do anything else as in the past she has been a very fast kidder and I do like to be there... and the weather is bloomin awful...
False alarm
by the next day her back end was dry and no other signs. She could be due any time till mid April
we do have another one due tomorrow so like you I am back and forth day and night
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 08:35:38 pm »
Oh well, you got a few more weeks to go then on possible false alarms....

I really hope my girl does NOT kid during the night... it's snowing quite a bit out there...

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:41:26 pm »
Its snowing blizzards here as well, just been out and even the dogs didn't want to go with me!
All we know about Lilly is that her due dates are any time from last week in February until the 14th April as she ran with a topknot billy for nearly 7 weeks. some days she looks to have a hugh bag others she hardly has one.
I am so pleased all of the others we have due dates, cant be doing with this not knowing ! I am at the point I am imagining signs
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »
I'm not surprised.  That must be so frustrating, not to mention tiring.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 08:46:11 pm »
Anke  did your girl kid ? Snowdrop  hasnt so we are now watching to goats, one in the main goat shed and the other in the stables  ::)
Graham

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 02:56:59 pm »
No Skyee hasn't kidded yet. Uddder huge, tail up vertical, all puffy at the backend, and this morning (day 151) at last definitely dropped (as in hollow sides).... but she is eating well (after a bout of Preg Tox  :relief: ) and I can see the kid(s) moving inside when she is lying down...

I am massively frustrated (and frozen to the bone) - for the last 4 nights at least once per night down to check her (and she has got the heavy breathing and looking spaced-out, so need to check!).... :-\  not sure if this is the weather doing it though?

I am meant to go to Newcastle tomorrow, well that is now cancelled... >:(

Anyone elsoe got late births at the moment???? ???

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:02:48 pm »
Same here although tonight snowdrop does have a very slight discharge  looks like another sleepless night.
I am invited out for a meal tomorrow night but pnoned to say I doubt I will be there
Graham

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »
They remind me of Boer x Nubians that I have seen.

I crossed my nubie to a boer this year, I hope some of the kids are as pretty as that :love:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 08:38:57 pm »
They remind me of Boer x Nubians that I have seen.

I crossed my nubie to a boer this year, I hope some of the kids are as pretty as that :love:
Thats what I thought they looked like but chunkier, Look forward to pics of your kids when they are born.
What colour is she ?
Graham

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 08:46:29 pm »
Someone who called over for some of my Marans keeps Boers, and they have a herd of them.  If you want I can look out where they are, though whether they are spotted or not I wouldn't know, or are all Boer goats spotted.  Apparently they are a wonderful tender far growing meat breed.  :thumbsup:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:52 pm »
Someone who called over for some of my Marans keeps Boers, and they have a herd of them.  If you want I can look out where they are, though whether they are spotted or not I wouldn't know, or are all Boer goats spotted.  Apparently they are a wonderful tender far growing meat breed.  :thumbsup:
Thanks, I have the standard coloured Boers already, just found the spotted and Dappled  when I did a google on boer goats and would love one but no signs of them in the UK. I also like the Kalahari (solid red Boers ) I know there is some of them in the UK
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS