Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cats pee in my suitcase  (Read 9004 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Cats pee in my suitcase
« on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »
Just opened a suitcase which hasn't been opened in ages to find that at some stage the cat has pee'd in it. Not sure I can save the clothes although will try but any idea how I can get the smell out of the case?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Cats pee in my suitcase
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »
I had that with a pair of curtains which I had to wash 3 times to get rid of the smell but a suitcase, now that's a challenge. What about washing it with the flash that has the febreze in it. Might work.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:20:31 pm »
Biological washing powder neutralises cat pee odour  ;)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:38:52 pm »
We had that when we had cats but it was in the bottom of our wardrobe and on steves shoes  :roflanim: , trouble is it stinks but you cannot see it, also one used to pee on the stairs in a courner, never got rid of that stain or smell.
The worse one was our little Patterdale, we bought a nice Ikea rug that was greens and long pile, as I walked over it without shoes one day I noticed a wet patch, then several more wet patches, I tried every thing and spent a fortune, when we moved I cleaned it and rolled it up, when unrolled the smell of amonia was terrible so it just had to go..
I would say your suitcase may have to go too >:(   Hope not but good luck anyway :fc:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 02:19:50 pm »
Well I will try the biological washing powder and report back

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 02:22:28 pm »
Bicarb might help once it's dry.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »
Nightmare, blowtorch only. 

What the heck is in cat pee anyway, it must be excellent for something - acne? Grab a teenager  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 02:32:16 pm »
What is it with cats?  Every winter ours takes to pooping in the house every now and then.  Now that really stinks  >:(  but is scrubable.   She even seems to come in from outside to do it.  It's just often enough to drive me mad.  She won't use a litter tray but hates snow - don't we all. 
Cats all seem to have their favourite place to mark their territory, or whatever they are doing, maybe expressing their displeasure.   There is some stuff you can get from the pet shop which neutralises the pee smell and in theory puts them off repeat offending.   Our pet shop doesn't sell it though and I haven't found any since we moved here.   Thank goodness we have only one cat now, whereas previously we had four  :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

In your suitcase aaagh.  At least when you go on holiday you will have the odour of your favourite pets with you  :-J
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 03:07:00 pm »
If I take Felix's litter tray out to clean it and don't have it back in time, he goes in the shower - over the drain hole. Clever boy  :cat:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »
 :roflanim: , we had a cat that went in the shower as well, thats great!! Clever boy indeed :thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 03:21:19 pm »
I saw a clip on utube a while back where the cat goes in the toilet.  Now thats training or you  :roflanim:

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 05:45:11 pm »
One of ours poos in the bath.. Dirty got even though there are 2 litter trays..she will only use when they have new catsan in...she also peed in the shopping bag full of shopping that we put on the kitchen floor ???

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 05:50:20 pm »
 ;D  yes, our cat goes in over the drain hole in the shower too - very continental!
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 06:27:24 pm »
I saw a clip on utube a while back where the cat goes in the toilet.  Now thats training or you  :roflanim:

We had a cat which drank out of the toilet...............
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »
My dog used to throw its balls down the toilet and fish them out, its room was near the toilet and also sometimes ate the soap.
Bicarb will absorb wee and some smells, but its hard......very hard

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS