Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I love chocolate...  (Read 2834 times)

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
I love chocolate...
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:13:13 pm »
...so here are two quick and easy puds.

Choc steamed sponge pud

Sauce:
2 large heaped desert spoons of golden syrup
1 oz (ish) butter
cocoa powder
milk

Sponge:
4oz butter
4 oz sugar
3oz s/r flour
1oz cocoa powder
2 eggs

In a microwaveable bowl put the butter and syrup for the sauce.  Micro on high for 30-40 until melted (not over long else will go chewy). stir in couple of spoons of cocoa powder and a splash of milk (or cream) till you have the consistency of sauce you like.  then chill if you have time.

in another bowl beat softend butter and sugar till fluffy. beat in flour, cocoa and eggs.

put sponge mix on top of sauce. cover with cling film, pierce few times and micro on full for about 5 mins. check cooked by inserting skewer.  turn onto plate if you like but i usually just serve from the bowl. serve with cream or icecream.  we usually have half between us one night and then warm for another minute for the following night, but we are greeedy. 

Choc mousse

100g good dark choc
1 oz butter
1tbsp - 1oz sugar (to taste)
4-5 eggs, seperated.

Melt choc and butter in micro, beat in egg yolks.
whisk egg whites till stiff., whish in sugar.
fold egg whites into cho mix.  chill to set and serve.

i find this is quite rich and if i put some raspberry coulis in ramekins with the mousse on top this will make 10-12 servings. or serve in a big bowl and dig in.

this recipe came from another, you layer the mousse with three large meringue rectangles and whipped cream on top. sergve with coulis. very immpressive to guests and soooo yummy!

Meringues:
5 egg whites, whisked till stiff then gradually whisk in 10oz sugar. spread into 3 rectangles and cook as per your ovens instructions.

Hoep you enjoy...  :D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: I love chocolate...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:09:36 pm »
I'd love both of these. Too much.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS