Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The sheep are sheared  (Read 2307 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
The sheep are sheared
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:33:58 pm »
The two big shropshire ewes took rather a bit longer than the three minutes the sheep farmer predicted - seeing as they had not been shorn last year, so had enormous fleeces.  One of them had maggots on her shoulder, so really needed shearing.  Unfortunately as she was sprayed with spot on, she managed to get away, barged through Rick and knocked him forwards on to the concrete floor.  He is now sporting a nice bruise on his forehead!

Bertie my shetland was done in a flash.  Thats the first time he has been sheared with us, and I was amazed when what I thought was a beige coloured Bertie, turned into a black one!!  I also got to see the "nick" the last owners shearer did on his bits, and its more than a nick, its a slice out of it.....poor lad.  My shearer was very careful.

Now the horses, llama and goat do not know who these strangers are in the field.

This was Bertie yesterday

Who is this little diddy sheep, in my field today?

Who are you?  Thats not Bertie, get out of my field!!  Robbie gives chase, and Bertie legs it to the safety of his little feed station, confused as to why no one knows him!!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:39:38 pm by Roxy »

shrekfeet

• Joined Sep 2008
Re: The sheep are sheared
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:08:16 pm »
Great post and lovely pictures. Glad that Llama's not chasing me!

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
Re: The sheep are sheared
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:17:50 pm »
Great pic's  ;D Bless that Bertie, I bet he was glad to get his jumper off !! :sheep:

Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS