Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fantail pigeons  (Read 1283 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
fantail pigeons
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:08:33 pm »
Wanted a pair of white fantail pigeons for a young lady of 7 years old as a birthday present she has a new dove cote and this will be her first venture into keeping livestock. Her father is there to help her and they will be  very well looked after can anyone help cheers
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:50:49 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

artscott

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Methlick, Aberdeenshire
Re: fantail pigeons
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:25:03 pm »
I was going suggest my mum to let you you have a few, but she is down in Norfolk unfortuantely.

On the plus side i did just notice that there are some fantails in the sale at Thainstone Mart, Aberdeen this Saturday.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:38 pm »
yes I saw that, plans have changed she wants white garden doves which are also for sale at the mart.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:58:11 pm »
Garden doves have a better chance of surviving, it might be worth getting more than 2 just in case  :o    The fantails are better in an aviary as they are not the best of fliers.  You will need to drape a homing net (bit of garden netting) over the aviary till you think they are settled.  6 weeks is recommended but when I got mine they settle much more quickly 

I am too far away in Worcestershire  :(   Otherwise I currently have some spares  :thumbsup:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 10:24:17 am »
dougie, sandy carstairs opposite your sheep has doos he was going to give me a couple of young ones the other year but it was white homers i wanted .not sure if he has any young just now

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS