Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Pet sheep - Perth area  (Read 1929 times)

Chrissie

• Joined Feb 2013
Wanted - Pet sheep - Perth area
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:17:59 pm »
Hi there,
We are looking for a pet sheep but unfortunately don't have transport to pick it up....At the moment we only have one who is looking really lonely (after we sold off our pygmy goats...). Ideally a smallish one - Beth is a Hebridean Shetland cross so I don't know what breeds mix well or not so well - 'accidentally' ended up with her in the first place so I am fairly new to the whole sheep keeping thing ;)
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Chrissie.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: Wanted - Pet sheep - Perth area
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:28:29 am »
Hi I have a Shetland type wedder  called blackberry, three year old black good natured boy allthough not hands on tame but not wild used to the bucket I could let you have him as a companion for your Beth. I have a trailer so could deliver let me know if you are interested.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Chrissie

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »
Just send you a PM

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »
Hi Chrissie

Don't know is you want a second offer but we have a little Coloured Ryeland ewe called Nova. She had a C section last year and failed to get in lamb this year - in fact, she may not get in lamb again, although we were minded to give her a second go in the autumn.

She's like a small brown teddy - she's pretty tame too. She used to be tamer and I'm sure that would return if she was kept as a pet. I'd love her to go to a nice pet home.

We're in Carnoustie and have a trailer, so could get her to you. Actually, she'd probably fit in the back of the car  :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS