Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land in West Lothian  (Read 3081 times)

jaymac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • west lothian
Land in West Lothian
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:37:55 pm »
My name is James and i have bought some land 27 acres in West Lothian Scotland it is not the best of land.  I would like to become self sufficient with veg and livestock. I am thinking of sharing the land with a couple of people with similar interests as it is a lot of land for one person to manage. If anyone is interested please get in contact with myself. I would be looking for people with knowledge of veg and livestock as I am very new to this but looking forward to the challenge. I ran this back in January had a couple of people interested but never came to anything.   

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
Re: Land in West Lothian
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:48:20 pm »
I remember there being something on the River Cottage program about land share if you look on there website you might get some info/people interested? Worth a try? Good luck tho with it all x

jaymac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • west lothian
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:08 pm »
Cheers for the info as i have had no luck so far on here.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:32:48 pm »
Hi Jaymac...wish we were closer, sounds like a great opportunity for someone...hope you get a better response this time around...good luck

Regards, Farmer
 :farmer:

jaymac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • west lothian
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:53:11 am »
Hi Farmer

no luck so far

Cheers jaymac

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 06:59:26 am »
I cant remember the link, but think its something like A Country Life forum, I am positive they had a land share section on there.  If not it might be worth posting on there anyway.

weeyin

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:04:30 am »
Hi there  :wave: im in west lothian and looking to share some land as im intrested to grow more veg and keep livestock. Where about is your land? I dont drive, hope your close by.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:54:26 am »
Hi there  :wave: im in west lothian and looking to share some land as im intrested to grow more veg and keep livestock. Where about is your land? I dont drive, hope your close by.

Probably worth sending a PM or email to jaymac - click on the icons under his name

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »
Jaymac, why not look at your options of renting some out to a farmer etc - that is a lot of land for 1 person but it will shrink dramatically once you start doing something positive with it, lots of us on here wish we had that much!  I'd fill it easy peasy  :D .
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS