Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: flock numbers  (Read 4480 times)

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
flock numbers
« on: March 11, 2013, 05:54:01 pm »
do I need a flck number before buying at auction or can it be done after? I do have a CPH

Thanks!
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: flock numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:58:20 pm »
In theory before. They can give it you over the phone often (and they gave my cattle the same one as the one I already had for sheep), but best to phone beforehand, they are fine if you might or might not buy on this occasion.

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:17:07 pm »
That's great thanks, for paperwork on buying is that all they need CPH & flock number?
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »
do they need AML1 forms printed out or anything?

Thanks folks!!

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:26:44 pm »
May i ask have you been to an auction and watched the process,good if you can have experienced person with you to stop you getting carried away and help understand the auctioneer  and the systems

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:12 pm »
no never been but my friend is going for me with someone who knows system but for pigs not sheep LOL

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 07:37:38 pm »
The blind leading the blind ;D   what are you hoping to buy ,and do you know a rough price . Which  mart ? so i can maybe find last weeks mart report :excited:

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »
Oh that would be amazing if you could!

We are after cade lambs (just 2 or 3)

at THE LIVESTOCK MARKET,

WYNCOLLS ROAD,

COLCHESTER,

CO4 9HU

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:05:00 pm »
OK been on their website   www.stanfords-colchester.co.uk looked back over several sales reports but no mention of cade lambs.. Tried  typing in Cade lamb prices and found many private sales at £20 -£25 hope this helps.  My only advice would be buy the strongest looking  lamb for the age and price DO not buy the small thin lamb because you feel sorry for it . :thumbsup:

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 08:11:23 pm »
THANK YOU!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 10:22:18 pm »
do they need AML1 forms printed out or anything?

Thanks folks!!

You will need them to transport the sheep so a good idea to print some, mind you once you have flock no then (in Scotland at least) they send you a block of them but that won't arrive for a few days/week

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »
Most marts print out an AML1 form when you pay for your purchase, all they need to know is the CPH of the destination holding. You will need to register as a sheep keeper with the relevant authority who will give you a flock number.  :thumbsup:
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS