Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crufts  (Read 10558 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: Crufts
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 05:22:02 pm »
Designer dogs give me a living!

The amount if cockerpoos, jackapoos, sprockets and labradoodles I see is amazing, I see next to no poodles though, and people are paying upto £1500 for these dogs, it astounds me, mind they all get a nice teddy cut, cos thats wat the owner wants

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with theses designer dogs, after all I own an original designer dog, he's a long dog, saluki x greyhound, mind I'm not sure anyone would part with £1500 for him, he's a bit thick after all

And as for dog theft, people round here, in the good old days wen lurches where proper working dogs, used to get them nicked and they changed hands for £400 plus (20 years ago)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 06:19:45 pm »
I did see a pug and beagle cross that was very cute, I quite fancied that and my brother in law is after a poodle spaniel cross, of course if people want to pay those prices that's their choice, and you get a designer dog, could go badly wrong if you were not careful :innocent: I mean you could get a poodle crossed with a mastif and end up with a  very heavy dog with spindly legs, big muscly head and curls....ha ahaha :roflanim:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »
 :roflanim:  That made me laugh .... what a thought.

Met a labradoodle ... is that what you call them  ???  on holiday once. She was huge and so friendly .... a real bundle of joy. Her owner said she was very lively but adorable.

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:13 pm »
Happygl, I think tat cross is known as a bugle... There should be a big book of made up ase fr these made up dogs, I pride myself on being abe to identify most breeds, I've got to say I Avnet a clue most of the time and end up asking

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 07:18:27 pm »
Apologies - I appear to have list the ability to communicate in any known language, must earn to type, no learn not earn, oh I give up.......

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 07:19:12 pm »
Lost not list

Sorry

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »
when I use my I pad it puts all sorts of rubbish that I do not intend to post, yest it was a bugle, nice and clever little dog, I bet they are hard to train and beagles or any hound run off at the slightest sent!!!!
It takes all sorts and its all sorts we get!!! When I was a little girl I think it was considered very posh to have a pedigree dog now its reversed!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS