Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some people  (Read 2667 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Some people
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:31 pm »
Yesterday I told my hydrotherapy physio that I had taken up spinning and hoped the treadling would be good for my ankles.  She thought I meant exercise spinning -  quite why I don't know as I struggle to walk far.  Whrn I explained, she said, "I didn't realise that people still did that."  There's been quite a lot of publicity about the resurgence of crafts so she must have been asleep.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Some people
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:36:00 pm »
 :roflanim: Did she really think you spin around doing street dance?

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:10 am »
I have a picture of you spinning around like an ice skater in a huge homespun cape  ;D :excited: :knit:
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:49:35 am »
MGM, exactly the same thing happened to me.  I was at the physio for a bad ankle and asked if spinning was making it better or worse. He thought I meant the bike sort of spinning also  :roflanim:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:50:44 pm »
I have had a few experiences of miss understanding in my life, on the internet that's common but also with the language barriers etc mis understanding can be so dangerous and lead to mis diagnosis.
This was not so bad at the time but my dad had a stroke and they asked all the normal questions plus the one "do you drink" now my dad said yes, maybe the odd pint, well I know that my dad actually meant the odd pint every few years and possibly only at Christmas, he never went out to pubs and never bought any, the Dr put on his notes that he was a heavy drinker!!!!!
Years ago when expecting my first child we built an extension and had ordered carpet, the midwife came to visit and I explain about the carpet and she put in my notes how I was very depressed about not being able to afford carpet....so far from the truth!
Loads of times we have rang BTand had some strange conversations the most recent and funniest was my Dyslexic husband phoning BT,he did put the loadspeaker on, I told him not to phone as we had recently had a break in the phone line (DOG!!!!!) and the broadband had lost a lot of speed but was re building up, anyway, the conversation from both parties was priceless, I was rocking in my seat laughing as neither understood each other and Steve being totally UN technical had no idea what the man the other end was on about!!!!!!
SO, like my old Social Work tutor said " never beat around the bush with questions, be straight to the point and don't ask if a couple have been sleeping together, ask if they have had full  sex!!!!! :-[ Otherwise your note's will read like the women became pregnant by immaculate conception!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:34:57 pm »
:roflanim: Did she really think you spin around doing street dance?
I have a picture of you spinning around like an ice skater in a huge homespun cape  ;D :excited: :knit:

:roflanim: :roflanim: I wish I could.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS