Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blogs  (Read 3693 times)

Rosieb

• Joined Feb 2012
Blogs
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:19:48 pm »
I'm trying to get my new blog up and running but can't even think what to call it! haha

How many people on here write a blog?

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
Re: Blogs
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:23:16 pm »
I do, it's a bit of a journal/ramble rather than a professional thing.

What do you want to blog about? What's your online "persona"? Might help with names :)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:28 pm »
Do people really read other people's blogs?  Who has the time????
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Rosieb

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:37:39 pm »
My will be a bit like yours Yorkshirelass nothing professional just a bit of a ramble.
I want to write about the farm and our animals and hopefully be able to sell some of my livestock through it.

I love reading blogs goosepimple, I do find them very interesting, but yes finding the time to keep up with posts can be difficult sometimes

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »
Do people really read other people's blogs?  Who has the time? ???

That's what RSS aggregators are for!  :)

I use Newsify on my iPad to keep up to dates with lots of sites - makes it easy to see at a glance if there's anything new of interest - and there are similar applications for all platforms.

scarlettoara

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:18:55 pm »
i follow a couple of blogs as they are living in the area i want to move to, i find them really interesting. lovely photos too.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:03:44 pm »
Do people really read other people's blogs?  Who has the time? ???

That's what RSS aggregators are for!  :)

I use Newsify on my iPad to keep up to dates with lots of sites - makes it easy to see at a glance if there's anything new of interest - and there are similar applications for all platforms.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh  ???   I'm with you goosepimple on this  :wave:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »
I started to write a blog a while back.  I was bored by it so what hope was there that anyone else would want to read it?

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:10 pm »
Can be interesting, I followed one for a while. A guy who bred pigs and the ins and outs of his business selling to people, what they expected to pay, his costings etc.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:42 am »
I write one at www.hempsalsfarm.com for our community farm. I used to write more, have been very slack lately. Its as much for my benefit as for others as I do like to be able to look back on where we were and what we were doing a year or two ago.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 10:20:33 am »
I can see it in your instance benkt in a community, but for me it just seems to be others exposing their diary or pontificating about something.  I can appreciate people may like to read other people's business, I know I am a private person generally and don't think people would be interested in me or what I do.  And I'm always far too busy to poke into other's lives.
No offense to anyone who blogs or reads blogs though  :eyelashes:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 10:52:52 am »
I got one (see my signature). I have a few followers, but guess who gets the most use out of it??  ME!  8)  It is my online notebook. I forget stuff...  ...when did I sow those seeds? What ratio of elderberries to balckberries did I use in last years wine? Where do I live again? Its all there (edit: not where I actually live; that would be foolish). But I also put some effort in too to make it readable and enjoyable (hopefully)

I also read some other folk's blogs and very inspiring/useful they are too.

Benkt, love yours. Subscribed.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:16:13 am by Olly398 »
also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 11:06:39 am »
Blogs can tell you a lot. I like to study people and how they manage their small holding. You never know it all and sometimes just reading someone's blog can give you ideas that you would not have thought of .

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 12:36:43 pm »
I would really like to start my own, as soon as we find our own place I will start one. Mostly, like Olly says, for my benefit, as a record of what i've done. But also so that other people in my position can read it and get inspiration and hopefully learn from my successes and inevitable failures (see rabbit post!).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS