Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wyandotte bantams  (Read 1784 times)

Fleur

• Joined Feb 2013
Wyandotte bantams
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:42:55 pm »
Hi

I am trying to find a breeder in the Glos / North Wilts area that breeds various colours of Wyandotte bantams.  Am struggling to find anyone.

Do you know of anyone? after some POL hens in a few colours.

Thank you

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Wyandotte bantams
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:10:38 pm »
This is a bit of a long way round but my parents live in North Wiltshire and recently bought me a number of chicken books from an author - Charlotte Popescu - who lives somewhere in their area (it was at a book evening for local authors put on by their local independent book shop). She keeps silver and gold laced Wyandottes (according to her books' blurb). She also runs Cavalier Paperbacks. So maybe you could contact her via them and see where she gets her hens from - or whether she breeds any for sale. Their website is http://www.cavalierpaperbacks.co.uk/

Any use?

H

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »
Have you tryed google I found a few when I did or are there any poultry sales in you area
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:51 am »
Castlefarm on here has Wyandotte bantams.....i think Haye on Wye ???  tho

toaster

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:46 pm »
castlefarm - very good seller, would recommend  :thumbsup:

You'll struggle to get POL at this time of year in general unless you are after hybrids, the POL birds now will have had extra feed and heat to get them through their late hatch and with rearing prices the way they are a lot wont bother to hatch late as people never seem to want to pay the spring premiums for birds.

I have two barred Wyandotte bantams at £25 the two if you fancy a trip to Towcester!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:19:39 pm by toaster »

Fleur

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:59:14 pm »
Thank you all for your replies.  I have emailed Castle Farm and await response.  I used Google,, maybe I have been unlucky but I could not seem to track a specific breeder in the Glos / Wilts area.  Did not want a large chicken seller who just buys in along with loads of other breeds etc.

Thank you Toaster for your barred girlies, I would love them but you are too far for me to travel. If anyone comes up with any other names then more the merrier and thank you again! :sunshine:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS