Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: E Bay  (Read 4425 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: E Bay
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 09:42:57 am »
Did not get any result from ebay eggs so went to a breeder, no result either. bought from a friend and all eggs hatched. Gamble what ever you do.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:58 am »
I think it's a cheek for eBay sellers to ask only for feedback on packing and delivery.  Any idiot can put six eggs in a box and take them to the Post Office.  I know they have no control over hatching conditions but these days most incubators are fully automatic so not that much of a variable input, surely?

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 12:23:30 pm »
The trouble is from a seller's point of view that there are so many variables that can result in a poor or non existent hatch. Many buyers go straight to blaming the seller if they have a poor outcome when it could very likely be that the buyer has influenced the outcome in some way themselves. I sell eggs on ebay and I make as sure as I possibly can that the eggs I send out are fertile. I've had a vast majority of positive comments back from buyers and I hatch eggs regularly throughout the year to make sure that my eggs are good when they leave here. I also know that a lot of buyers expect the earth and they expect it for next to nothing too. Regarding fully automatic incubators, they are not foolproof and can be just as unreliable as a manual one. It's unreasonable to expect to buy an incubator, take it out of the box and 21 days later have it full of fluffy little chicks. Every incubator is different and each one will have little tricks that need a few hatches to figure out the best settings. Also remember that you could buy eggs from next door and still have a poor hatch.
I ought to also say that I've bought a fair few eggs off ebay and although I've had some good results I've had some shockers too. Some people have no idea how to pack eggs for the post and there are people out there who will sell shite just to get your money. If you're going to buy I'd suggest you check feedback and ask questions if you need to.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS