Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Geese and ducks .......Somerset  (Read 1813 times)

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Geese and ducks .......Somerset
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:53:25 pm »
Ok......have very sadly decided after the traumas of yesterdays goose problems and our imminent house move to find new homes for my lovely geese and ducks. So.....3 geese....one def a goose and 2 confused but think a pair. £20 the lot to an amazing home with lots of grass.....they don't attack or hiss much...really friendly. Also 5 ducks Cayuga type drake, 3 cayuga x ducks and one Khaki campbell duck. All lay very well and are lovely. £25 the lot.....again to an amazing home with lots of space please. Ducks make a mess and geese need lots to graze. They are all happy with paddling pools for water. I am near Taunton........
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Re: Geese and ducks .......Somerset
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:32 pm »
Hi - there is someone (very nice and kind, caring pet poultry owner) who had a trio of Crested  x Cayuga ducks from me a month or so ago, and this morning one of the ducks has died. 

She is desperate for more ducks.  Is it likely you might sell just the ducks?  If so I am sure she could call over in the next day or so and would be happy to pay what you are asking for the group, just minus the drake.  PM me and I can let you have her phone number.  She is only 30 mins from Taunton.
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS