Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Incubator wanted  (Read 1897 times)

Clairie

• Joined Jun 2009
Incubator wanted
« on: June 21, 2009, 12:22:31 pm »
Hmmm - finding the right incubator for a reasonable price isn't as easy as I thought!

How come it's so hard to find one for 12 eggs?  ???

Anyway!  I'm looking for an incubator, preferably to hold around 12 eggs.  Automatic preferred.

Willing to part with cash or swap for something... Tamworth weaner, tatties, meat perhaps?  ;)

Thanks!  ;D

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Re: Incubator wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:06:46 am »
Morning Clairie.

If you get one that holds 12 you will be very lucky if 12 eggs hatch and if they don't you will be putting less than that under an infrared lamp.
These lamps cost about £9 a week to run and if you have them on for a couple of weeks or more if the broody room is cold your paying a lot of money per chick in rearing costs.
My advice would be to get a Brinsea 20dx auto.I got my last one off ebay for £100 (private sale) they are easy to use and reliable and if looked after have a good re sale value.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS