Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pygmy goat not registered - can I sell her young?  (Read 2516 times)

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
Pygmy goat not registered - can I sell her young?
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:01:03 pm »
Hi Folks...

I would like to breed from my lovely Pygmy Bella. She isn't registered with the pygmy goat assciation though as I bought her from some people who didn't follow up the paperwork. I complained to revenue at the time but they couldn't help.

If she isn't registered can I sell her young?

Also what is the money value of a female goat not registered?

i am certain she is 100% pygmy as I saw the herd she was from who all looked pygmy and she has all the correct measurements and characteritics

Thanks  :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Pygmy goat not registered - can I sell her young?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:40:25 am »
WarescotFarm - I'll try and answer

If she isn't registered can I sell her young?

You have a couple of options - if you mate her with an unregistered Billy you can sell the kids as unregistered. If you are a member of the pygmy goat club and you mate Bella with a registered male you can register the kids as pets (not herd book) but basically people will know they are pygmy goats and not x's.Also what is the money value of a female goat not registered?

I think that one is a hard one - it's more what she is worth to you.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:34:01 am »
Thanks for that!
I appreciate the answer and advice :)
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »
How old is she? Is it too late to register her?

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 03:46:46 pm »
She is nearly 2 years and we don't have details of her parents :?

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34:43 am »
I don't know about pygmy goats, but with the BGS you can register up to 2 yrs, but it's the breeder who needs to do the paperwork, can't you try them again?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS