Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: importing pigs  (Read 10109 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: importing pigs
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:34 am »
Morgan, Julie, I really do appreciate the educational nature of this thread as it seems others do. I'd imagine most of us had no idea about the detail of breeding pigs and thought a Tamworth was a Tamworth.

Can we please draw a line under the personal dealings you've had and keep the discussion on-topic? I'm not going to lock the thread yet, but will if there's nothing of value being added (no matter how entertaining Tony finds it!).

Thanks,

Dan

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 12:41:10 pm »
Agreed. It would be good to draw a line under the whole matter. We had originally put it all behind us, many moons ago, and I guess it's time we put it behind us again. Suffice to say that importing pigs is not at all difficult, and bringing in new bloodlines helps prevent line breeding. I should imagine that bringing pigs in from the U.K is the same as bringing them in from Northern Ireland. I'll let ye know how we get on later in the year. That being said, I was told by a friend to make sure that the ferries allow animals in transit....does anyone know anything about that?

Regards,

Morgan
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:02:03 pm by sausagesandcash »

patmci

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 08:53:46 pm »
The reason i was looking at importing from england was that i could not find any boars in ireland that were not rufus. Most of the stock seems to be by his bloodlines.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »
Hello,

Thats funny because I have Sambo's !.  :o

Regards

Joe  ::)

patmci

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 09:25:01 am »
Did you bring them in from england or get them off the man in deerpark. That is where i hve sourced my new boar. He is a patrick so am quite happy. By the way how much do you charge for the hire of your boar. I have a few people seeing my add for weaners and wondering do i have a boarfor hire. I do now but i do not knowhow much to charge.

Regards Patrick

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 10:50:46 am »
What are the predominant sow lines over there, here it seems to be Princess.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS