Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SEP 2 wheel tractor  (Read 7401 times)

Farmertom

• Joined Feb 2013
SEP 2 wheel tractor
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:59:57 am »
I've just brought a SEP 2 wheel tractor fitted with the 8HP Lombardini petrol engine. 22" rotorbox fitted does any one where I can buy parts from? Or get a user Manual from as I can't find anything on line about it?
Tom

Oly

• Joined Feb 2013
  • South Cheshire
Re: SEP 2 wheel tractor
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:01:02 pm »
Just Ecosia'd it (a proactively green alternative to Google/Bing) and found this  - http://www.bunce.co.uk/seppedploughs.html

Oly

• Joined Feb 2013
  • South Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:34 pm »
Out of interest - compared to a ride on lawn mower (for topping an acre paddock) are they of comparable speed?

Floyd

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:34 pm »
I have one and get the spares from here.

www.bunce.co.uk

As for speed the go like the clappers it is staying in control that is the problem.  Also have a problem with the cables seizing so apply a good blob of lithium grease at the top of the cables to stop water ingress.

I managed to shatter the drive shaft on the Rotavator so what out for large rocks if going at any speed.

As for the manual there is not much to it unless you are changing from rear PTO to Front PTO for grass cutting.

If you need to ask anything please feal free

Oly

• Joined Feb 2013
  • South Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:42:35 pm »
I see that some have reverse gears too.  So one could be used as a replacement for a ride on mower with the additional benefit of being useful for other jobs too?

Does anyone have any advice when thinking about buying such a machine (used)?  Makes/models to avoid, specs to look out for, good places to find adverts for used machines etc?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:53:34 pm by Oly »

Farmertom

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 03:40:05 pm »
Thank you Floyd that's a great help.

Oly

• Joined Feb 2013
  • South Cheshire
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:06 pm »
Are implements interchangable between makes?  Do they all just run off a mini PTO?

Floyd

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:10:56 pm »
As far as I believe you can only use SEP attachments (thats what Bunce said anyway)

I do find it hard work on wet heavy ground, Mine is peat based, did buy a plough attachment but the Plough would go in and then the wheels spin with no movement.

In lighter soils probably not a problem.  The trailer is good, however it is not driven by the PTO for rear wheel drive, so up hill with any real weight can be a problem.

Farmertom

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:43:29 pm »
No there not Interchangeable Between Manufacturers as SEP Machines us a 24 Spine P.T.O and Manufacturers like Canon use a 2spade like P.T.O.
I've got sandy dry soil here.
If your going to use a plough you need to put on spade wheels and put the front Weights on.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS