Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: its that time wish me luck  (Read 2134 times)

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
its that time wish me luck
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »
well tomorrow is the day ........... have the day off work and decided whilst waiting for an allotment i will fight with the dogs and make a veggie patch :fc:  think ill spend more time chasing them off as they insist on helping anytime im out there digging  :o  also given hubby his orders to wrap up warm  lol 

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: its that time wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:12:52 am »
How did it go? It's pretty frozen here again - just after I've got my first batch of seeds into the propagator since spring seemed to be in the air.

H

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 04:40:43 pm »
well ......... im finally back indoors  defrosting  :excited:  managed to double dig 1/2 of the area im transforming on the hunt for  some smelly manure to dig in now ...... in between the snow showers chattering teeth and a white inuit  that is now black  :o
think i deserve a wee hot toddy  for my efforts ;D whilst i make my decision on what to grow for my first year
any ideas  as i live in scotland the ground is well drained and raised

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:57:36 pm »
Pity you're not nearer.  I could let you have plenty of manure.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:58:31 pm »
You've done well - I've certainly no desire to dig in this weather. Planting fruit trees in the cold before Christmas was enough for me. As for what to plant, I'd give lots a go and just see what works - that tends to be my approach but it can be a bit hit and miss (and it's very season dependent - some things work one year but not the next).

H

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:50:17 pm »
looks like my sister has chosen for me on what to grow  shes sorting out a load of plants etc when i go and visit her in southampton april :)  also managed to source some manure  from a riding school

can feel this being a bumper year ....... well from 0  to something at least   :excited:

sharnaloo

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »
round 2 of digging now completed  :thumbsup:  3/4 done now 

getting quite excited about what to plant and grow  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS