Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Heart of England Spring Alpaca Fest April 27th / 28th  (Read 2140 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Heart of England Spring Alpaca Fest April 27th / 28th
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:33 am »
Two day show for anyone interested in Alpacas - 60 breeders, 300 alpacas

National Agricultural Centre, Stoneleigh, Warwickshire

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Heart of England Spring Alpaca Fest April 27th / 28th
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »
Blimey, there are a lot of alpaca events in the Midlands this spring!

There's also the British Alpaca Futurity & Fibre Festival 2013, at the NEC,  15 - 16 March 2013. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:45:56 pm »
Got to buoy up the market somehow  :innocent:

I heard that the woman making the gourmet alpaca sausages has received death threats. Folk should get past themselves. Friends of ours have been to Peru many times and they are eaten there - triple purpose they are. I suppose they don't have the luxury of keeping expensive pets though.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:26 pm »
Seriously?! poor woman!!  I've had people attack me verbally for 'stealing' milk that should have been for Savannah's kids - until I mention that she's a maiden milker so never even been mated  :innocent:  some right odd bods out there to be sure!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS