Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vet  (Read 1654 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Vet
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:36 pm »
Gave my vet a phone today telling them to update their records. I received a reminder in the post for a booster injection. Trouble was they had put the pony to sleep in 2007. It was upsetting but just goes to show how much they are looking for business.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Vet
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:10:37 pm »
Gave my vet a phone today telling them to update their records. I received a reminder in the post for a booster injection. Trouble was they had put the pony to sleep in 2007. It was upsetting but just goes to show how much they are looking for business.

That's pretty awful - I would have been impressed if you retained your serenity when making that call, I'm not sure I would have......

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:25:59 pm »
How awful! On most computer systems, the account is shut down after any euthanasia so no more reminders can be generated!

Sometimes it does go wrong though! Our new(ish) practice manager doesn't bother to read the history, he just sends out a 'welcome new client letter' to everyone- even if they are a new client just coming to us to have a pet put to sleep!  Tried to explain how upsetting it would be to the client, but he was not interested! Can you tell we don't get on..
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:53:03 pm »

That's awful I'm sorry, a similar thing happen when I phoned to book my dog in and the receptionist asked which dog. They had put my bitch down the year before, you could tell the woman was mortified, but its still hard, take care :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS