Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: goose egg omlette recipes wanted  (Read 3608 times)

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
goose egg omlette recipes wanted
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:35:34 pm »
i have been given 10 goose eggs by a friend

i already have my own recipes for omlette but i would like to try yours! please!

also, how long to hard boil a goose egg? i havent a clue ???

thanks gem xxxx
GEM. X

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: goose egg omlette recipes wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:16:00 pm »
I love my version of a Spanish Omelette, quick and easy to make.

For two people:

I large red onion; 1 green and 1 yellow pepper; a dozen button mushrooms; 1 large tomato

Chop into bite sized pieces and sweat in a pan with olive oil flavoured with garlic.  When soft, whisk the whites of 3 large eggs(more if you have big eaters!) till really frothy but not stiff, fold in the yolks with a little salt and pepper, add about a tablespoon of milk and pour over the vegetables.  Cook until fairly well firmed up, tehn sprinkle grated cheese over the top and brown under a hot grill.

Serve with coleslaw and pickle.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

CarraghsBorderCollies

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:26:46 pm »
guess what im making "himself" for breakfast tomorrow!
now all i have to do is nip into 24hr tesco for those peppers!
GEM. X

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:34 pm »
Never thought of having it for breakfast, usually do it foe my tea - I don't 'do' cooked breakfasts, although I have some French people(friends through my dogs) coming to stay one night next week so I may have to do something for them.  They are doing a walking and distillery tour of Scotland, and stopping over here before catching their plane home the next day so may need sustenance in the shape of Andrew's bacon, my own eggs and local mushrooms. ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:02:05 pm »
Mine is very similar to Annie's,but soak a portion of chips (defrosted oven chips the best) overnight in the beaten egg,add in all the rest then slow cook with a lid on it,brown off under a grill. Tis gawjus cold with a salad too!! ...... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS