Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what a result !!!!!! (hopefully)  (Read 3466 times)

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
Re: what a result !!!!!! (hopefully)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 03:15:27 pm »
Fantastic!! What would I spend it on? probably more pigs  ;)  Then I am a glutton for punishment. We live in an old french farmhouse but I doubt whether there are any franks to dig up  ;) Our pigs have dug up old farm machinery etc - hopefully no wartime relics.

Good luck with the pigs - oh and BTW what breed are they? might push the sales up ;D

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 05:20:09 pm »
Brilliant!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well done piggies  :pig:
....but for anyone who has money that is no longer in circulation, check first if it actually worth more than it's face value. My dad collects bank notes and we once cashed some at the bank as they were old notes and he said we may have got more for them ::) ::)
and I think that if you go to the issuing bank they have to change them for you

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »
Well done! If I were you I would not say too much about it as it is amazing how many would be claimants will appear out of the woodwork. :thumbsup:
Anne

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 05:53:11 pm »
Gavin I'm glad pig keeping is becoming so successful, all my pigs ever dug up was rocks and old points from the farm that used to be there 50 years ago

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 07:42:56 pm »
Well done piggies! make sure you don't leave your computer on this thread or your wife will be plotting what she will do with her share!
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:29 pm »
Haha, well done  :thumbsup: that's one way to make the piggies pay for their keep.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:29 pm »
Congratulations on the find - you're going to need it, if you plan on keeping pigs longterm!
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS