Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: White line disease? or something else?  (Read 6980 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: White line disease? or something else?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 08:54:56 am »
A very friendly farmer has offered to help with some eprinex for him  :thumbsup:  Until then I am taking feed and water to him and he's hobbling small distances on 3 legs but really not keen to move. There are open sore bits on his front legs and the hair has come away. No heat, swelling or bad smell - no sign of infection in the open bits that bleed when he chews them.
I have some H`10 horse stuff for muddy leg problems (sorry  I'm really not technical with proper names) would that be better then or same as sudocrem for now?
Keeping very close eye and delivering him fruit branches to chew on, minerals in feed etc.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 12:43:42 pm »
Spoke to a goat freind yesterday and she was told to put the eprinex directly onto the leg, I have always put it on the back in a stripe. Persistent mite infestation may also need weekly treatments for up to four weeks.

From my experience it seems to be certain animals that are prone to it, and others are absolutely fine...

The Camrosa stuff seems to be advertised for mange on feet, I have just started to use it on one of mine who has dry skin on her face and scratches it (and she was also badly affected by heel mange in late summer). Sudocream should help dry it off though.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 01:15:32 pm »
Thanks Anke - was talking to a lady from buttercups who also said direct onto infestation.

Its dried out nicely but he's still quite sorry for himself. THis horse stuff i found when I put Camrosa into google, so hope it contains it? He is definitely prone to it! of all 4, he is the healthiest in that he never scours, gets worm burden etc just this once a year!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS