Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: he is now eating well  (Read 2643 times)

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
he is now eating well
« on: February 14, 2013, 09:33:26 am »
after my post yesterday about one of the three pigs not eating i went up there this morning and they were all eating fine :relief: only problem i have now is the bit of land they are on is now like the somme and both wellies got stuck and i fell flat on my face while they seem to be loving rolling around in i certainly did not :roflanim: but as long as they are happy and eating, its wont happen again as i later made a pathway so i can feed and water them without going into the area on bad weather day just cant wait for some nice weather so i can fence the rest of it for them and get some chickens in another area i have plans for  :fc:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: he is now eating well
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 09:38:39 am »
Glad it seems to be working out for you so far Gavin  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:49:31 am »
Good news, make sure your pigs have an area too where they can get out of the mud, we make a big straw lake outside their front door usually and this helps them loads.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb220/fowgillfarm/Image0019.jpg
mandy :pig:

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »
hi thanks for the reply i have put a full bale down in front of the place they sleep so they have a place to lie but i have just looked on the cctv cameras i installed and they are all lying away from there IN THE MUD :pig: :pig: :pig:

jellybean

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 02:46:53 am »
that is what pigs do.....love mud.  Cools the body and the mind.

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »
 :wave: Hi Jellybean, The pigs are not loving the mud here in the UK, they like us are bloomin' sick of it :o

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »
Fair enough, if it was  :sunshine: and they were hot they'd love it but in the  :gloomy: and cold it's not as much fun (has longer term health implications like arthritus for breeding pigs too :() Got to remember Jellybean our average daily temperature is probably around 4 degrees Brrrrrrrrr

jellybean

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 11:19:29 pm »
That's Ok they are sick of the heat too! :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:We could do with some :gloomy:weather though

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS